TOUR Golden Ring (big)
Moscow – Sergiev Posad – Rostov Velikiy – Kostroma – Yaroslavl – Moscow
6 days / 5 nights
– A guide will meet you at the airport. Transfer to the hotel. Check-in starts from 2p.m.
– Moscow sightseeing tour (by bus). You will see all the major sights of the capital of Russia; such as a panoramic view of the city from the Vorobiev Hills, Bagration bridge, you will also see Moscow City’s new skyscraper business district (from the window of the bus), the memorial complex of Poklonnaya Gora and all the major squares and streets of the city.
– Arrive back at the hotel. Then you’ll have some free time.
(A guide and transport will be with you for 7 hours in total).
– Breakfast at the hotel. Check out. A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
– Transfer to Sergiev Posad. On the way to the city guide will give you all the important information about the city, all legends and interesting facts. You will arrive to Sergiev Posad at approximately 10 am. Sergiev Posad is a town which encompasses a sacred place – Trinity-Sergius Lavra. Lavra was founded in 1337 by Ven. Sergy Radonezhsky. You will visit Trinity-Sergius Lavra and see Troitsky Cathedral with magnificent icons made by Andrey Rublev, Uspensky Cathedral and refectory with baroque interior.
For an additional fee: Master class in decorative painting on wood. You can paint on matreshka (Russian nesting dolls) or any other wooden toy you like and take it home as a souvenir. (Master class costs 10 € per person).
– Around the Trinity-Sergius Lavra you can also find lots of souvenir shops.
– Transfer to Rostov Velikiy. Excursion to the museum «Rostov Kremlin» – you will walk around the beautiful Rostov Kremlin, go to the Metropolitan garden and Apothecary Garden, visit the Church of the Resurrection and St. John the Evangelist and the Enamel Museum.
– Transfer to Yaroslavl. Arrive at the hotel at approximately 8 p.m..
(A guide and transport will be with you for 14 hours in total).
– Breakfast at the hotel. A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
– Transfer to Kostroma approximately at 10:00 am. You will see the beautiful city of Kostroma. The city is as old as Moscow. The excursion will start with Museum-Reserve «Ipatiev Monastery». The monastery was founded in 14th century and was one of the main ones in Russia. Mikhail Romanov had his coronation here in 1613. He was the first tsar of the dynasty which used to rule Russia more then 300 years.
– Kostroma sightseeing tour – old shopping arcade, Fire Tower, Church of the Resurrection-on-Debra, embankment of river Volga.
– Excursion to the Museum of Wooden Architecture. Like in a real traditional Russian village you will see and explore huts, churches, mills, barns etc. Everything is made of wood, everything is original, delivered to the museum from many different places of the region. Guide will tell about how people used to live, work and celebrate. Transfer to Yaroslavl.
(A transport will be with you for 10 hours in total).
– Breakfast at the hotel. A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby. Check out the hotel.
– Yaroslavl sightseeing tour – you will see the most beautiful and famous places of the city such as the Volkovsky theatre, Church of Elijah the Prophet, the chapel of Alexander Nevsky, the monument to Yaroslav the Wise , the Church of the Epiphany. You will see the historical centre of Yaroslavl, embankment of Volga river and the famous Strelka, where the rivers Kotorosl and Volga merge.
– Excursion to the Holy Transfiguration Monastery where you will visit the exhibition «Ancient Russian Art». For an additional fee: if you would like you can climb the monastery belfry to enjoy the gorgeous view of the city. (It costs 3 € per person).
For an additional fee: visit the Residence of Maslenitsa in Yaroslavl. Residence is a part of the unique wooden town, which was reconstructed using 1913 blueprints. The residence was built for tsar Nikolay II and his family. Outside the museum there are entertaining spots where you can play Russian traditional outdoor games. Inside the museum you can take the unique opportunity and see the Empress’ office, her walk-in closet full of dresses, pantry with gifts and supplies stored there from all corners of the earth, and the Throne Room .
(It costs 6 € per person).
– 3 p.m. transfer back to Moscow. ~ 8 – 9 p.m. Arrive back in Moscow. Accommodation.
(A transport will be with you for 14 hours in total).
– Breakfast at the hotel. A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
– Transfer in the center of Moscow. Red Square walking tour. No doubt, the Kremlin and Red Square are the most important sights and at the same time symbols of the whole Russia. The word «Red» has an important meaning in our culture – in old Russian it means «beautiful». On our way you will see luxury shopping mall – the GUM (State Department Store), Lenin’s Tomb, the beautiful richly decorated building of State History Museum, Saint Basil’s Cathedral. It has 9 chapels which are connected by brightly decorated galleries and constitute a great colorful complex. Also we will visit the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour.
– Excursion to the Moscow Kremlin (territory + cathedral). The Moscow Kremlin is a magnificent architectural achievement. Its monumental walls and towers, golden-domed cathedrals and ancient palaces are pleasure to the eyes. Russian Knyazes (Grand Dukes) and tsars lived here long time ago and nowadays it is the official residence of the president of Russia. You will see famous Tsar-Bell and Tsar-Cannon. Excursion included the visit to one of the cathedral (16th century). The interiors of the cathedrals are decorated with frescoes, icons, precious stones and gold.
– Excursion to the Armory Chamber, which has the fantastic collection of priceless and luxurious items. The collection include royal carriages, oldest Russian thrones, amazing coronation dresses, Faberge Easter eggs and many other wonders.
– Arrive back at the hotel.
(A guide and transport will be with you for 7 hours in total)
– Breakfast at the hotel. Check out the hotel. A guide will meet you in the hotel lobby.
– Visit to the Tretyakov Gallery. The gallery has a rich collection of Russian realistic paintings, beautiful portraits, landscapes and historical images can help you to understand culture and to solve the riddle of «the mysterious Russian soul». The collection contains more than 130,000 exhibits, ranging from Theotokos of Vladimir and Andrei Rublev’s Trinity to the monumental Composition VII by Wassily Kandinsky and the Black Square by Kazimir Malevich.
– Arbat street walking tour. Arbat street is an atmospheric pedestrian street of Moscow. It is nice place to listen some street music and to buy souvenirs in one of its numerous shops. You will see the memorial of the famous Russian poet Aleksander Pushkin and his wife Natalia Goncharova, «The house of the third millennium» of architect Melnikov, the beautiful fountain called «The Golden Turandot» in front of the Vakhtangov theatre.
– Transfer to the airport.
(Guide and transport will be with you for 8 hours in total).
Tour price per person. Prices are in euro.
The price is valid for season autumn, winter and spring 2018-2019 (except the May):
|Hotel||5||8||10+1||15+1||20+1||additional fee for single room||additional stay in hotel (per night in twin room)|
Hotels 3*: “IBIS Paveletskaya”, “IBIS on Dynamo”, “Bega”, “Izmailovo Gamma”, “Kosmos” and others and “Alesha Popovich dvor”, “Ibis” in Yaroslavl
Hotels 4*: “Izmailovo VEGA”, “Izmailovo Delta”, “Izmailovo Alpha”, “Azimut Olympic”, “Azimut Smolenskaya”, “Marriot Tverskaya”, “Sretenskaya”, “Holiday Inn Lesnaya” and otherы and “Saint George”, “Park Inn by Radisson” in Yaroslavl.
Hotels 5*: Marriot Grand, Marriot Aurora, “Savoj”, “Golden Ring” and others and “Saint George” 4*, “Park Inn by Radisson” 4* in Yaroslavl
The price includes:
- stay at the hotel for 5 nights in TWIN room. Check-out is at 12 p.m.. Check-in is at is 2 p.m.;
- 5 buffet breakfasts;
- guide (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish language) and translator during all excursions;
- transport: according to the tour program (for a group 5, 8, 10 +1 and 15+1 person service bus with 18 seats in the saloon, 20+1 person – bus with 44 seats in the saloon);
- tickets to the museums as stated in the tour program;
- visa support;